Friday, August 29, 2008

My Son's Condition

My son William was diagnosed with Autism in May 2008. Although my husband and I were not surprised by the diagnostic, we were still sad to learn the results. We knew it meant we had a lot of hard work in front of us.

William started the ABA Therapy (at home) in July and has his ups and downs with the therapy but overall he's doing good. Right now they are working on language as his speech is very poor and only his dad and me understand him (sometimes it's hard to even guess what he wants/needs but we do our best)

William was supposed to start kindergarten in September of this year but we had to decide between that and the ABA Therapy. The therapy will last a full year, 5 days a week, 4 hours a day. It's very intense and hard on the family but we console ouselves when we see that William is doing fairly well and is already learning stuff.

Our first meeting with the ABA supervisor was great, he is a sweetheart and William really likes him. I can't wait for our second meeting to get some feedback on the program William is on right now (basics of language). I bet it will be good news. :)

No comments: